Day 221 - "I am the vine..."

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

This verse brought tears to my eyes just now. Without Him I can do nothing! Oh me and my stubborn self trying to figure out solutions to the things that weigh heavy on my heart. I know God is patting me on the head and reminding me once again, "Silly girl. Without me ye can do nothing." What a gracious Heavenly Father I have. So full of mercy.

I went out for a pleasant evening walk tonight around my mom's neighborhood. Absolutely perfect weather, a cool breeze blowing and just me alone with my camera and the Lord was exactly what I needed.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot. Excellent composition and lovely contrasting colours. Thanks for sharing, Misty.

Nadege, said...

This is a lovely shot, great composition with shallow DOF on the wooden fence and vine.

SkyBlueSeed said...

One of my favorite verses....thanks for the timely reminder! Beautiful image!

Jamie said...

Love this verse!! Love the pic!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Such truth.

Catherine said...

Lovely photo and post. The verse reminds me of that saying, we plan and God laughs!

Anonymous said...

What a great photo.

Anonymous said...

Amen, my darling!

Unknown said...

what a perfect verse for that photo. very nice!

Sandra V. said...

beautiful image!

Jaime said...

So true!!

Amy said...

LOVE!

Unknown said...

Lovely photo and I needed to hear this message today.